Serves 6 really hungry people
About 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed (whatever variety you have: redskins or russets, I like the kind from Idaho.)
Enough regular ol’ tap water to cover them in the crock pot (about 4 cups)
Salt & Pepper
Milk (non-fat or full fat, whichever you like or anything in between. Some people like Almond milk)
Butter (real or fake-margarine-butter-tasting-spread stuff, your preference)
I like simple. And perfectly simple. So here’s the simply perfectly simple recipe:
1. Peel & cube the potatoes. Toss ‘em in the crock-pot. If you don’t like the word crock-pot, call it a slow cooker. Cover them with water.
2. Turn the whatever-you-call-it on Low for about 6 hours, and then check the ‘taters with a fork to see if they are soft enough to mash. If there is any water left in the crock, you will probably need to drain it off, unless of course you like watery mashed potatoes.
3. Yep, you guessed it…Mash ‘em. (“Boil ‘em, mash ‘em, stick ‘em in a stew”….Name that kid’s movie!)
4. Now, add some butter, salt, and pepper so that they’ll taste the way you like ‘em. That’s what they mean by “to taste”.
5. Finally, add some milk to make ‘em creamy, and at this point I would get the mixer out and whip ‘em, whip ‘em good. Enjoy making this simple potato dish!
Blessings ~ Juju