Hey Everyone! So glad you stopped by today....I'm showing something that's a little bit crafty, with a little bit of my "builder" side showing.
The best part is, if you are wanting to try your hand at building a little something, this is a perfect beginner build project.
You'll need some simple tools and supplies:
- 1X4" pine board (buy the shortest piece, which I think is 6-foot)
- a tape measure
- a saw to cut the board (at Dollar Tree they had small hand saws!)
- wood glue
- 3 oil/vinegar bottles from Dollar Tree (or 3 matching bottles about 8-1/2" tall)
- 1-1/4" hole cutting saw that fits your drill
- 150 grit sandpaper
- hammer & finish nails or brad nailer
- paint or stain, your choice (it doesn't take much)
Now, don't get scared about the power tool! That drill is lightweight but still powerful enough to use the hole-cutting drill bit. (You'll need that to cut the holes.)
Cut your wood:2 pieces will be 12 inches long each for the base and top.
2 pieces will be 6-1/2 inches long each for the sides.
Now take one of your longer pieces, and mark the center of the board, which is 6-inches, and also mark the middle of the board, which is 1-3/4 inches, and mark that with a X. That's where the center hole will be cut!
The other 2 holes will be marked at 3-1/4 inches from each end, plus that 1-3/4 inches for the middle.
That's your top board done, and now the rest is pretty simple!
- Using the sandpaper, sand any rough edges and around the holes
- Paint or stain your pieces
- Assemble the bottom with the sides, using the wood glue, one side at a time
- Hammer 3 finish nails into each end (or use a brad nailer)
Wow, you are nearly done! Wasn't that easy?
- Insert your bottles (angle the bottom outward to get the neck of the bottle through the hole)
- Add your favorite flowers! And I won't tell if you use faux, because that's mostly what is in my house all the time.
You've just completed your first build! You can show it off and say, "Hey, I made this!"
It's wonderful when I hear from my readers, so please check out my Facebook pages and my Instagram pages: