Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Father's Day 2 X 4 Gift

The Hubs and I are on a tight budget to save for our Anniversary/ Christmas celebration in Hawaii with our wonderful son, daughter-in-love and precious grandson.  So, when looking for something to give to my awesome Hubs for Father's Day, I turned to a project that I saw on Pinterest.

– We Love Grandpa!
Materials:
2 pieces 2-by-4 lumber, 12 inches each (free)
1 pkg of 4 Magnetic Clip (from the dollar bins at Target, just $1)
2 complimenting pieces of scrapbooking paper (had on hand)
Mod Podge (I used my Semi-Homemade) (had on hand)
small sponge brush, sandpaper, & twine (had on hand)
vinyl letters & photos (had on hand)
Cut out 2 pieces of scrapbook paper
Use Mod Podge to adhere to wood
Allow to dry at least 1/2 hour
Sand the edges around the paper, if you desire
Using my Cricut machine, I cut out
the letters, heart and stars.
 I attached the 2-by-4 pieces together and the 
clips on the top board using wood glue.
The final step was tying some twine bows to each clip
and attaching the photos!
Oh, and here's another almost free gift for Hubs:
(I bought the trophy at a thrift store for $1.00, and printed out a new nameplate)
You mean the world to us
"Sportster Guy"!


No comments:

Post a Comment