Thursday, May 17, 2012

Furniture Makeover - Craigslist Tables

$20.00 investment for BOTH tables!


Recently I decided to change the tables in our living room.  We used to have "the shrine to oak"...everything that was wood, was oak.  I still love oak, but the former tables were 20+ years old and I was over them. So, I sold them thru a craigslist ad, and then found these "beauties" in another ad!
After looking around on Pinterest for some inspiration, I decided to paint them.

I used Zinsser 1-2-3 primer for the first coat...I was told by the paint guys at Home Depot that I wouldn't have to sand if I used the primer...for that I was willing to shell out an extra $8.00!

After drying for 24 hours in the garage, I set about applying the first coat of paint.  For the legs and base, I chose Cafe Cream and for the top I went with Espresso Beans, both by Behr.  I used a brush for the primer and bottom half, but I applied the dark paint with a small foam roller so I would avoid excess brush strokes.

I applied 2 coats to the base, and 3 coats to the tops, allowing a day's drying time between coats.


I am in LOVE with the finished product!  Especially since I sold my old tables for $150.00 and the total cost for the new ones and the makeover was just $70.00 total!

This is a first attempt at this kind of a makeover, and I think I'm hooked!  I'm going to get my old hope chest down and do the same paint on it, too! 


Blessings ~ Juju

No comments:

Post a Comment