Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Semi-Homemade Body Wash

Semi-Homemade Body Wash


6 cups of water
3 bars of DOVE soap

This is an update of a post that I did a few weeks ago.  I originally posted the "no-grate" recipe, but today I discovered that I like the grate recipe better.

1. Bring the water to a boil in a large pot. Lower the heat to medium-high and keep hot.
2. Grate 3 bars of soap. (Yes, this step is more time-consuming than the microwave method, but it dissolves SO much easier!)
3. Sprinkle the grated soap into the water, and stir. (I used a wooden spoon.) It should ALL dissolve and look like a milky soup.
4. Turn off the heat and let it cool down for a couple of hours.
5. Using a funnel, pour the soapy soup into clean plastic bottles for use in the shower & tub. (I saved bottles for a few weeks, so I didn't have to buy any.)

This is my second attempt at making body wash, and it was easy and kinda fun! It made about 48 ounces of liquid body wash, and since I used coupons for the Dove soap, it was about $2.00 to make. Please try this, and let me know about how YOUR body wash "soup" turns out!

Blessings ~ Juju





No comments:

Post a Comment