Friday, July 21, 2017

Laundry Sign on a Vintage Ironing Board + Free Printable!

Isn't it nice when you get something for free?  And if you've been looking, like I have been, for a vintage wood ironing board and it is offered to you for FREE?  Even better!  (Thank you nice couple in Georgetown, Texas!)

Oh, and if you stay with me to the end of this blog post, I'll share with you a Free Printable that I created especially for my readers, to make your laundry day a little more cheerful!


There was instantly an idea in my head from this sign I saw at Hobby Lobby:


Now, I just LOVE this sign, it's perfect, except for one thing....it's horizontal, and what I need to have is vertical, to go from the top of the ironing board to the bottom.

So, it I did a little easy "art" work on my ironing board.

First, I took off the wooden legs (just 3 screws), then it got wiped down with some mild soap & water, and after it was fully dry, I put a coat of Waverly Chalk Paint in Plaster color on it:



Those three holes on the bottom got filled with small wood plugs and painted, too.

Now, for the lettering....I went to both Michael's and Hobby Lobby and found the letters in all the different shapes and sizes.  (I could have just paint the letters on by hand, but I love the dimensional look the letters give to it.)


Next, I painted the letters, and after they were dry, I glued them on with wood glue:


What do you think of my new Vintage Ironing Board?  Even though no one will be ironing on it any more, I'm so glad I was able to re-purpose it, and keep it out of the landfill!

For all of you that would like it, I've made up a cute Free Printable for your laundry room:

Just click on the photo above, and you'll be able to download and print the adorable sign.  I recommend using card stock if you have it. (The gray lines on the PDF show where to trim for an 8 X 10" frame.)  I made a frame of sorts, and mounted mine to a vintage washboard that's in my laundry room. So cute!


Thanks for stopping by today! You guys really make my day, even if it's laundry day!
Join me on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.




No comments:

Post a Comment