Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Forward - my 2017 Word


Well there it is.  It's out there for everyone to see. I think that by sharing it with you, it kind of makes it a little more intentional, kind of like a promise I'm making. "I'm moving forward".


When choosing my word for 2017, I had to think ahead to what goals and dreams that Ed and I have for this year.  Why "Forward"?  Because we'd like to feel our lives moving in a positive direction forward, not going backward.  Reaching for our dreams.

At the end of December, we got all of our Christmas decor packed up again and stored in bins in the garage.  I realized that I really need to go through every bin, and decide what I don't need to keep, and what doesn't go with my normal Christmas themes/decor.  Why take up space storing stuff I won't use anymore?

Cathedral Window by Magnolia Home
Three Candlesticks by CostPlus World Market
Faux Magnolia Wreath DIY
As I began putting out my regular decor again, I found quite a few things that I'm also not going to be using anymore. Stuff I thought was pretty at the time, but doesn't really have a spot. You know what I mean, right?  And I see a lot of the people that I follow on Instagram that are doing a huge de-cluttering and purging in their homes as well.  Letting go is part of moving Forward. I'm such a sentimental person, and it seems like I save a lot of stuff....I'm definitely not in the "hoarder" category, but I have to tell you how freeing it feels to let some of it go!  It gives me room to move Forward.

Maybe all of this is because we're longing for something, and with prayer & God's guidance, Ed and I can someday, one day, achieve our dream.  I feel it's possible, with hard work, focus, and dedication to get where we want to be in our lives.  Until that day comes, we are content and happy to keep pressing on, and moving Forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment