Monday, January 25, 2016

Menu Planning - 2 Free Printables

After the holidays, we're all trying to get back into the swing of our regular routines, and some of us also want to add on a new good habit or two.  My new habit is actually an old one that I'd like to renew: Menu Planning!

Menu planning will save you precious time, and keep you on track when making grocery shopping lists. It also saves frustration when someone asks, "What's for dinner?"

One of the first things I like to do, is make a schedule for the main ingredient: chicken on Monday, beef on Tuesday, pork on Wednesday, etc.  On occasion, I also like to throw in a meatless meal; and usually on Sundays in our house we have FFY (fend for yourself) where we usually eat up any leftovers.  Many times, I plan ahead to make a larger portion of say, Baked Chicken, so that I can use the extra meat for another recipe, like Chicken Fajitas!  Mmm!

Here's my sample menu plan for this week:
Sunday: FFY
Monday: Baked Chicken, baked potatoes, and salad
Tuesday: Beef stew in the slow cooker
Wednesday: Chicken tacos (use cooked chicken and salad leftovers)
Thursday: Breakfast-for-dinner: Pancakes and bacon
Friday: Baked Tilapia, baked sweet potato, and zucchini
Saturday: Going Out! (we won't be home that day)

To help you get started, I made these two Menu Planners for you to print out and use right away!
Simply right-click on each image, then Save. I usually try and save to my desktop so it's at my fingertips.  Hint: You can slip the menu planner into a clear sheet protector, and write on it with a dry erasable pen; then simply wipe it off to use next week!



Of course, I'm offering them to my readers for FREE, and all I ask is that you use them for your personal use ONLY, and make sure you pin back to this original blog post when you share.

Always remember that you can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. You can also sign up for emails so that you never miss a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment