Thursday, January 14, 2016

Gallery Wall - Finding a Theme


Do you ever see decor that you really like, but hesitate trying to incorporate it into your own home?  I'm like that sometimes, and it took me a long while to put together this gallery wall.

Of course, I wanted it to be in my OWN style, not just a copy of someone else's wall.  And naturally, I'm on a tight budget, so I was looking to use things I already had on hand.   I experimented with making a gallery wall at Christmastime, and found it was not as complicated as I thought it would be!
Here's a pic of my Christmas 2015 Gallery Wall:
Christmas tree cutouts & chalkboard sign on left are my creations.
Credit for Wagoneer print: Lucy @ CraftberryBush (click link for free printable)
Merry Christmas sign from Target.  Red lantern is a family heirloom.
 As you can see, I kept it simple, and tried to keep with a theme.  That's how I discovered that I already had items for my new gallery wall! All I had to do was shop my own home for these keys and doorknobs that speak "Home" to me.

Here are the elements of my gallery "Home" wall:
I found these images online, and printed them out to fit my existing frames.
I just LOVE glass door knobs!
Another doorknob and pics of keys, incorporating some of my favorite color hue: teal blue!
The B monogram on the right is my creation. B purchased at Walmart, covered with burlap, glued onto stained faux pallet with some keys added in keeping with the theme.
Teal blue arrow painted onto brown board is my creation, as is the Gather on burlap/chalkboard frame.
Cross and small mirror were handmade gifts from a friend; Always & Forever sign I copied from one I saw at Target.
Large key on left was thrifted.  Plate on right is vintage German from Bavaria.
Having a theme finally made it simple for me to pull together things I already owned, and make this wall tell our story:  B is our family monogram; Cross is for our faith in Jesus; Always & Forever for our lasting, loving marriage; arrow because we are following God's path for our lives; and doorknobs and keys, because no matter where we live, it's "home" if it's filled with the ones we love.

Maybe this is also fitting for us:


If you'd like to share your gallery wall, head on over to my Facebook page!  I'd love to know what inspired you, and how you decided what to use!
Don't forget I'm also on Instagram, Pinterest, and G+ if you'd like to follow me! Click on the social media icons on the top right of this page, or sign up for email alerts!

No comments:

Post a Comment