Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Go-to Banana Bread

My youngest daughter gave me this recipe a few months ago, and it was some of the banana bread I've ever tasted! It's super-moist, and not overly sweet.

1/2 C. unsalted butter (1 stick)
2 C. sugar
2 eggs
4-6 ripe bananas, mashed
3 C. flour
2 tsp. baking Soda
2 tsp. baking Powder
3/4 C. sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1-1/2 C. chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 300°F.
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
Cream butter and sugar together in mixing bowl.  Add slightly beaten eggs.
Add mashed bananas.
Combine dry ingredients into a separate bowl, and whisk together to combine.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in the mixing bowl. Combine.
Fold in sour cream, vanilla and nuts.

Equally divide batter into the prepared loaf pans.
Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Test with cake tester, should come out clean.

Let me know if you try this recipe, because I think you'll LOVE it like we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment