· 3½ cups rolled oats
· 1 cup chopped or sliced almonds
· 1 cup chopped pecans
· 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
· 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
· ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 6 tablespoons butter
· ½ cup honey
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· ½ teaspoon salt
· Also need – parchment paper
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Cover a rectangular baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the dry oats, almonds, pecans, and spices together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Heat the butter and honey together in a small saucepan over low heat. Once the butter melts stir in the vanilla and salt.
4. Pour the hot liquids over the dry ingredients and stir together with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
5. Spread mixture onto prepared pan in one even layer. Bake for 75 minutes.The granola will become crisp as it cools at which point you can break into pieces (if making bars) or break it up into small chunks by pounding it in a zip lock bag (if making cereal). Store in air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.