Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kitchen Organization Time

Recently, I came across "A Bowl Full of Lemons" Home Organization 101, and thought I'd give it a try.
Today, I actually started on Week 1, "The Kitchen"!
(Go HERE to see Toni's Blog.)

I made a pretty good start on it, by emptying all the lower cabinets, cleaning them, putting shelf contact paper on (ugh, that was a chore in itself!), and putting things back neatly.  I was also able to complete 5 of the 7 drawers!


Well, I guess I keep a fairly clean kitchen, because it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Go me!
And I like the look of the shelf contact paper, but I absolutely DISLIKE putting it into cabinets. I wrestled with it, and got the job done, but it was not fun.  If your shelves are removable, I think it will be much easier for you.
Finally, I've also been doing fairly well in purging out stuff that I don't use or is old and worn out, so there was very little to toss.

All of this is in preparation for getting the paint onto our cabinets, hopefully in July (when we return from our next trip to Colorado to see our newest Granddaughter, Faith!)


No comments:

Post a Comment