Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fluffy Waffles

After years of eating those awful frozen toaster waffles, The Hubs bought me a Belgium waffle maker that flips, and I flipped over having it! Yay! No more cardboard waffles!
Thus began the search for the perfect waffle batter!  First, I tried my pancake (from scratch) recipe, but it just didn't turn out the way I wanted. Then I tried some commercial pancake & waffle mixes from a box. Eh, they were okay, but still left something lacking.
Finally, I turned to Bisquick (I use the Heart Healthy mix)...and they turned out too heavy when I used the recipe from the box.
So, I began playing around with different combinations using Bisquick, and this is what I've come up with that has made my family LOVE waffles again!

2 cups Bisquick Heart Healthy mix
1-1/2 cups skim milk
2 Tbsp melted butter, the real thing
1 whole egg
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
2 Tbsp fat free sour cream


Whisk all together and cook on a hot, oiled waffle maker or waffle iron.

Hint: If you have a waffle maker that has a non-stick surface, I recommend that you do NOT use cooking sprays, as over time they will ruin the non-stick properties.  I use Canola oil, applying it with a silicone brush I found at The Dollar Tree (Betty Crocker brand).

Don't forget to make some Simple, Homemade Syrup to top off those yummy waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment