With a 2-1/2 year old in the house, I'm loving that we have a secure place to put these "pretties" up high and out of reach of little hands.
Most of the objects are things I've had for a while...the little metal cream can I bought in Germany at a flea market when we were stationed at Ramstein Air Force Base back in the late '90s; the dark aqua Ball canning jars that my sister "Sweet T" gave me last year; the small cream-colored Red Wing vase that I picked up at a yard sale about 28 years ago (it was marked on the outside in black permanent marker "75¢", thankfully, it cleaned off!); the books that belonged to my Grandmother Bishop whom I never met (she was a Texas farm-wife that used them to homeschool her children back in the early 1920s and '30s); the old Ball Mason jar with a rusty bail from Goodwill; the photo of Hubs and I as well as the peacock feather are from our recent trip to Hawaii to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary; and the church birdhouse that has lived both inside and outside of our home.

A few of the items are new! Last night I made this darling little burlap banner with our initials on it. I used leftover burlap from the coffee sacks I got in Hawaii for the Christmas tree skirt and leftover lace from the kitchen curtains. Oh, and the blue frame it hangs on, I picked up at a Thrift Shop and painted my favorite aqua color. It already had a border of burlap, but I added some self-adhesive cork in the center.
Thankfully, building the mantle only cost us about $82.00; the items on it I simply "shopped my home" to find!
Now, how are YOU finding ways to bring of bit of Springtime into your home? A mason jar of daffodils? Forcing some Spring bulbs indoors? {I LOVE the smell of hyacinth!} Leave me a comment below, and we'll inspire each other!
Thankfully, building the mantle only cost us about $82.00; the items on it I simply "shopped my home" to find!
Now, how are YOU finding ways to bring of bit of Springtime into your home? A mason jar of daffodils? Forcing some Spring bulbs indoors? {I LOVE the smell of hyacinth!} Leave me a comment below, and we'll inspire each other!
Blessings, Juju

