Thursday, April 25, 2013

One Skillet Chicken A La King

Sometimes, when I can't find just-the-right-recipe, I'll make it up as I go, and if it turns out great, I can't wait to share it with you!




1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T olive oil
2 T white cooking wine
2 cups chicken broth, low fat or fat free
2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1 can (10-3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup, low fat
2 T pimentos, optional

Cube the chicken and cook it in a skillet with 2 T olive oil, until lightly browned.
Add the white wine; cook for 1 minute and then add the broth. Bring to a boil, and add the frozen peas and carrots.
Lower heat and stir in the cream of chicken soup and pimento. Simmer for about 15 minutes.

While the chicken a la king is simmering, make up a batch of your favorite biscuits, like Lower Fat 7-Up Biscuits.  You can also serve it over rice, boiled potatoes or toasted bread.

Serves 4-6

I've always felt that this was such a family-friendly meal.  It was a hit with The Hubs, Young MamaBear and her precious KyBear, too!  Simple meals like this one allow me less time in the kitchen cooking and doing dishes, and give me more time with my family, which is always a big plus!


No comments:

Post a Comment