Saturday, January 5, 2013

Baked Chicken Parmesan

We are home from Hawaii !  It's been fun updating my blog's "look", I hope you like it!
Tomorrow is my Mother-in-Love's 75th birthday, and I volunteered to make dinner as part of the celebration we are having today.  One of our family's favorite meals is Parmesan Chicken, but the original version that I had used so much salt and full-fat butter, that I decided to give it a healthy makeover.


Serves up to 10 people


Cooking spray (like Pam)
5 large chicken breasts (can be divided to serve 10 people)
1/4 cup Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix
1/4 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbls Butter Buds
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
2 tsp Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning
3/4 cup 1% milk
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray




1. Heat the oven to 350° F. Using paper towels, pat the chicken breasts dry.
2. Spray the baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together (I use a small wire wisk to combine them.)

4. Put the milk in a shallow dish, and the dry ingredients in another shallow dish.
5. Dip chicken in milk, then in the dry mixture, coating thoroughly. Place in baking pan.
6. Spray the tops of the chicken with the butter spray. You want to see it shine a bit, so it may take a few sprays on each.
7. Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes. Use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness...it should read at least 170°. If necessary, you can cook it up to 15 minutes longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment