Thursday, October 25, 2012

Slow Cooker Baked Ziti



Cooking spray (I have the Olive Oil kind)
One 24 oz can of Hunts Pasta Sauce ( I used Traditional flavor)
16 oz Penne Pasta
About 2 cups Monterey Jack or Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
1 cup Water
Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping

Spray the crock with the cooking spray.
Rinse the pasta with cool water in a colander.
Put in about 1/3 of the pasta (a couple of handfuls-ish), then spoon on some of the sauce (about 1/3 of the can), then top with about 1/3 of the cheese.
You get where this is going, dont you? Yeppers, just keep layering this way until you have 3 layers.
At this point I then took about 1 cup of water and put it in the sauce can, and swished it around to pick up the remaining sauce. Then I poured that around the outside edge of the pasta. {The reason I did this is because several of the recipes I researched said that the pasta had a few dry spots. I figured the water would help out a bit.}

**Confession time: I didnt have any ground beef, so I did put in some leftover cooked, shredded chicken in the first two layers.  If I had ground beef, I probably would have cooked up about a pound of it instead, and layered it in with the sauce and cheese.**

Plug in the slow cooker and set it on high for 2-3 hours. Because of our schedules today, I had to set it on high for 2 hours, and then 2 hours on low.

MMmm!, this is cheesy, creamy, and so simple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment