Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Farmhouse-Style Herb Drying Rack



Most of you that follow me on any of the social media sites (Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter), probably know that I'm a huge fan of the show, "Fixer Upper", and especially Joanna Gaines.  I really love her style, especially Farmhouse style, and I'm attempting to gradually build on that theme in our home.

Joanna has a blog on the Magnolia website, and when I saw her DIY Herb Drying Rack, I quickly searched the house for some simple supplies to make my own version!

Materials:
  • One plank of scrap wood (mine is pallet wood: 12" X 5-1/2")
  • 3 drawer knobs (more if your board is longer)
  • Drill and drill bit
  • Sandpaper
  • Stain or paint (optional)
  • 2 small eye hooks
  • Twine, thin rope, or wire
  • Vinyl letters (I used my Cricut; you could purchase letters, if desired)
  • Home-grown herbs (the grocery store kind are fine, too!)
Sand your wood plank; stain or paint, if desired.
Measure out placement for the knobs, and mark with a pencil.
Drill holes for knobs, but attach them later.
Screw the eye hooks onto the top corners of the plank.
Thread the twine or thin rope or wire through the eye hooks, and secure.
Add your vinyl letters; attach the knobs onto the plank.































It  looks great with the vinyl letters, don't you think?  You could also put your name, like "Juju" or "From Juju's Garden", the option is up to you.

Here's what my version looks like side-by-side next to Joanna's:


Go ahead and try this quick and easy Farmhouse-Style Herb Drying Rack.  You might have some or all of the supplies in your house or garage already!  If you decide to make it, I'd love to see YOUR version of Joanna Gaines' DIY Herb Drying Rack, so send me an email and if you'd like I'll feature yours on my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook pages!


1 comment: